Are you new to Medicare? Need help understanding your options? Summit Group can help you find an affordable Medicare plan from Florida Blue to supplement or replace your Original Medicare coverage. If you are under the age of 65 and eligible for Medicare because of disability or end-stage renal disease, you may also qualify for a Medicare AdvantageSM plan or a Medicare Supplement insurance policy.
Florida Blue Medicare Supplement plans offer “Same Age Forever” feature which means your premium will never go up because of your age.1
Florida Blue also offers a variety of Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug
Plans designed to meet your health care and prescription drug needs.
Florida Blue, Florida’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan, is one of the state’s largest health insurers, and has been serving Medicare beneficiaries for more than 25 years. We’ve been in Florida for close to 70 years. Florida Blue is a company you have come to know and can trust to provide the coverage you need, at a reasonable cost.
Let’s take a look at your options
BlueMedicare Supplement insurance policies* offer coverage that picks up where Original Medicare leaves off—to pay health care bills you might otherwise have to pay yourself. And they’re backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Rates never go up because of your age1
- For BlueMedicare Supplement plans, choose any doctor, specialist or hospital nationwide that accepts Medicare, without network restrictions.. For BlueMedicare Supplement Select plans, always verify to ensure your hospital is in Florida Blue’s network as there are hospital network restrictions.
- Exclusive member discount program2
- Available prescription drug program and dental coverage3
BlueMedicare HMO plans are designed to support your health needs as well as your lifestyle. You’ll know what expenses to expect—and often pay less—than with Original Medicare.
- $0 monthly plan premium**
- $0 for primary care doctor visits
- Predictable copays
- Prescription drug benefits included
- Preventive tests and screenings at no cost
- Added dental and vision benefits
- Fitness program
- Over 6,000 primary care physicians, 16,000 specialists and over 145 hospitals to choose from4
BlueMedicare PPO combines the coverage you’re getting with Original Medicare with additional benefits, including a Medicare Prescription Drug plan, in one plan.
- Prescription drug coverage
- $5 copay for primary care doctor visits
- Dental3 and vision benefits
- Fitness program
- Over 7,800 primary care physicians, 22,000 specialists and over 170 hospitals in our statewide network4
BlueMedicare Rx takes the confusion and worry out of prescription drug coverage with money-saving benefits you can count on.
- Two money-saving plans to choose from
- Thousands of pharmacies nationwide
- Extensive medication list (formulary)
- Convenient home delivery through PrimeMail®
- Online tools and resources to help you manage your prescription drug costs
Florida Blue backs its plans with an impressive track record of service and stability, plus a well-earned reputation for quality customer care.
Mark your calendar
October 15 – December 7 is the Annual Election Period when you can join, switch or drop a Medicare Advantage or Part D plan.
Get more with Florida Blue––at no additional cost
Florida Blue offers members a broad range of services and programs that are not only convenient, but also helpful for saving money on many health care items and services.
Once you receive your Florida Blue plan information and member ID card, you can register online at BlueMedicareFl.com. Everything you need to know about your health coverage is at your fingertips 24/7. From claim status and benefit details to finding doctors, health improvement tools, convenient bill pay options and ways to save money, you can get your health information whenever you need it. You can also access benefit and coverage information from your smart phone.
Becoming a Florida Blue member means you can take advantage of all these extras:
- Member Discounts2: Blue365® is an online member-only discount program that provides substantial savings on health and wellness products and services including:
- fitness club memberships (for plans that do not include fitness benefits)
- exercise footwear and apparel
- weight management
- vision care, glasses and contact lenses not covered by your plan
- hearing aids and related care
- family care and elder care services
- Know Before You Go: Compare costs and quality of medical services before you go to the doctor with Florida Blue’s online cost estimator. And while your prescription coverage is designed to keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum, you can compare and find the lowest prices at the closest pharmacies by checking the online drug cost estimator first.
- Care Consultants: Get help understanding your benefits and how to shop for the most cost-effective, highest-quality care. If you’re planning a medical procedure or dealing with a health condition such as diabetes or COPD, help is available to you. Florida Blue Care Consultants are experts when it comes to connecting you with a dedicated nurse, explaining care and treatment options, and helping you save money along the way.
- Member Health Statement: Get a monthly overview of claims, costs and savings. Go green and choose to receive your statement electronically. You can also create custom reports by date, claim types, covered members and other options. Print just the reports you need at tax time.
Get covered: Enroll in a Florida Blue Medicare plan today!
We can help you find a Florida Blue Medicare plan specifically to meet your lifestyle and health care needs. Call us atfor premium information.
Dental coverage that offers more than savings
BlueDental3 plans, offered through Florida Combined Life Insurance Company, Inc., are an affordable way to protect against the cost of checkups, cavities, crowns and more. You’ll benefit from significant savings depending upon the treatment needed.
You have a choice of low-cost plans that come with:
- A statewide network of thousands of dentists
- No-hassle claims––no paperwork to submit when you use participating dentists
- Low or no-cost cleanings and preventive services
- Access to your benefits and claims online 24/7
- No risk 10-day money-back guarantee
Contact Summit Group atfor more information and free premium information!
Health insurance is offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., DBA Florida Blue. HMO coverage is offered by Health Options, Inc., DBA Florida Blue HMO, an affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. Dental, Life and Disability are offered by Florida Combined Life Insurance Company, Inc. DBA Florida Combined Life, an affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida. These companies are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Not all plans are available in every county.
Florida Blue is a PPO, RPPO and Rx (PDP) Plan with a Medicare contract. Florida Blue HMO is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in Florida Blue or Florida Blue HMO depends on contract renewal.
*Medicare Supplement insurance policies are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the Federal Medicare Program. Exclusions and limitations may apply. The amount of benefits provided depends on the plan selected and the premium may vary with the amount of benefits selected.
**You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information. Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply. Benefits, premiums, and/or copayments/co-insurance may change on January 1 of each year.
The formulary, pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary.
1While factors such as medical costs and inflation may increase premium, you will always pay according to your entry-age rate, provided you have BlueMedicare Supplement continuous coverage.
2Blue365® offers access to savings on items that members may purchase directly from independent vendors. Blue365 does not include items covered under your policies with Florida Blue or any applicable federal health care program. To find out what is covered under your policies, call Florida Blue. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) and local Blue companies may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither BCBSA nor any local Blue company recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. For more information about Blue365, go to BlueMedicareFL.com.
3BlueDental Plans are offered through Florida Combined Life Insurance Company, Inc., D/B/A Florida Combined Life, an affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., D/B/A Florida Blue. These companies are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
4Florida Blue Census of Providers, June 2014.
Policies have exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your local insurance agent.
Y0011_79474 1215R3 C: 12/2015