Florida Blue Individual health plans
At Summit Group, we specialize in providing individual health insurance policies through Florida Blue, Florida’s Blue Cross and Blue Shield plan, one of the state’s largest health insurers. We can help you select a health plan that meets your family’s needs and your budget––and meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
Back by more than 70 years of experience, Florida Blue offers comprehensive plans, multiple networks and an impressive record of service and stability.
Great Benefits and Flexible Rates!
Choose from several different health products that are available to you:
With so many health plans to choose from, we can help you:
- figure out if you qualify for a premium tax credit through the marketplace
- determine the type of coverage you need, including access to physicians, facilities and pharmacies
- select a plan with deductible and copay/coinsurance levels that will benefit you most
- determine a monthly premium that works with your budget
BlueOptions PPO/EPO plans
Our largest network with over 36,000 doctors, 250 hospitals and all major retail pharmacy chains. Out-of-network coverage in or outside of Florida for most services; select pharmacies required for prescription drugs.
BlueCare HMO plans
Large network with over 29,000 doctors, 231 hospitals and all major retail pharmacy chains. No coverage for out-of-network services or services outside of Florida, except in an emergency.
BlueSelect PPO/EPO plans
A smaller network with over 13,000 doctors, 79 hospitals and most major retail pharmacies chains except Walgreens. Out-of-network coverage in or outside of Florida for most services; select health care providers or suppliers required for prescription drugs, lab tests, home health services, durable medical equipment and medical supplies.
Available in select counties, the plan connects you with all your health care services through your primary care doctor, including referrals to specialists. Choice of CVS,Navarro and CliniSanitas pharmacies for prescription drugs in Florida. Urgent care or emergency services and prescriptions from CVS pharmacies are available anywhere, nationwide. Otherwise, no coverage for out-of-network services.
To find out if your doctor is in your plan network, see the provider directory at floridablue.com and click on “Find a Doctor & More”.
Adding dependents to your plan
If you wish to add dependents under the age of 19* to your Florida Blue health-only plan, Florida Blue, in accordance with the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, is required to ask you to demonstrate that you first have coverage for pediatric dental services. To get pediatric coverage you can:
- Choose a health plan that includes pediatric dental coverage as part of the policy, or
- Purchase a separate pediatric dental plan, which is also offered through Florida Blue
Get more with Florida Blue––at no additional cost
Florida Blue offers members a broad range of services and programs that are not only convenient, but help save money on many health care needs.
Once you enroll in a Florida Blue plan and receive your member ID card, you can register your account online at floridablue.com. Everything you need to know about your health coverage is at your fingertips 24/7. From claims status and benefit details to finding doctors, health improvement tools, convenient bill pay options and ways to save money. You will have access to your health information whenever you need it. Your online account is also accessible from your smart phone or tablet.
Becoming a Florida Blue member means you can take advantage of all these extras:
- Member Discounts1: Blue365® is an online member-only discount program that provides substantial savings on health and wellness products and services including:
- fitness club memberships
- exercise footwear and apparel
- weight loss management
- vision care, glasses and contact lenses
- hearing aids and care
- family care and elder care services
- Cost Savings: Compare costs and quality of medical services before you go to the doctor with Florida Blue’s online cost estimator. And while your prescription coverage is designed to keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum, you can compare and find the lowest prices at the closest pharmacies by checking the online drug cost estimator first.
- Care Consultants: Get help understanding your benefits and how to shop for the most cost effective, quality care. If you’re planning a medical procedure or dealing with a health condition such as diabetes or COPD, help is available. Florida Blue Care Consultants are experts at connecting you with a dedicated nurse, explaining care and treatment options, and helping you save money along the way.
- Nurseline2: Get answers to questions 24/7 on common symptoms and illnesses ranging from children’s health and allergies, to diabetes, diagnostic testing and heart conditions. Special programs and online information are/is also available to help you manage these conditions.
- Health and Wellness Programs: Most Individual Under-65 health plans (except myBlue) include self-paced interactive programs to help members meet their health goals for weight management, emotional health, stress management, nutrition, smoking cessation and exercise. An online health assistant and tools to track progress helps each member optimize their results.
- Personal Health Record: You can establish a secure, electronic, portable way to gather, store, manage and share your health information all in one place. Keep track of doctor visits, medical conditions, surgeries, allergies, immunizations and other helpful information through your online account.
- Member Health Statement: Get a monthly overview of claims, costs and savings. Go green and choose to receive your statement electronically. You can also create custom reports by date, claim type, covered members and other options to print only what you need at tax time.
Get covered: Enroll in a Florida Blue plan today!
We can help you find a Florida Blue plan specifically for you and your family. Contact Us Now.
When it comes to protecting your family, invest in Term Life Insurance
Term Life Insurance is the least expensive form of life insurance available. It provides 100% protection in the event of your death with no investment features to drive up the cost. It is called term because it protects your beneficiary(s) during a fixed number of years (typically the years you need life insurance the most).
LifeEssentials Level Term Individual Life is an underwritten product that enables you to select your term period, amount of coverage, and optional riders (available at an additional cost):
- Available to individuals 18 to 64
- Choose from initial term periods of 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years
- Choose from coverage amounts of $25,000, $50,000, $75,000 or $100,000
- Optional Waiver of Premium and Accidental Death riders available for purchase
- 30-day Free-Look Period in which you may cancel the coverage and all premiums will be refunded
Contact us for more information and your free rate quote!
Protect yourself and your savings
If something were to happen to you––such as an accident or critical illness, do you have the protection you need for your health as well as your financial security?
Your health insurance works to pay for just that––your health. But out-of-pocket expenses and uncovered living costs can take a financial toll when you’re unable to work.
You may wish to consider one of these three affordable plans from USAble Life, which pay lump sum cash when you qualify with a covered incident:
- Critical Illness coverage
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Confinement coverage
Contact us for more information and your free rate quote!
* Pediatric Dental benefits end on the last day of the month of the member’s 19th birthday.
1 Blue365® offers access to savings on items that members may purchase directly from independent vendors. Blue365 does not include items covered under your policies with Florida Blue or any applicable federal health care program. To find out what is covered under your policies, call Florida Blue. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) and local Blue companies may receive payments from Blue365 vendors. Neither BCBSA nor any local Blue company recommends, endorses, warrants or guarantees any specific Blue365 vendor or item. For more information about Blue365, go to floridablue.com.
2As a courtesy, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., D/B/A Florida Blue, has entered into an arrangement with Health Dialog® to provide this service. Florida Blue has not certified or credentialed, and cannot guarantee or be held responsible for, the quality of services provided by this vendor. Please remember that all decisions pertaining to medical/clinical judgment should be made with your physician or other health care provider. Florida Blue and Health Dialog do not provide medical care or advice.
Policies have exclusions and limitations. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact your local insurance agent.
Networks are comprised of independent contracting health care providers.
USAble Life is the insurer and is solely responsible for the supplemental products: Accident, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity. USAble Life is an independent company and operates separately from Florida Blue. USAble does not sell or service Florida Blue products.
Health insurance is offered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., DBA Florida Blue. HMO coverage is offered by Health Options, Inc., DBA Florida Blue HMO, an affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida. Dental and Life are offered by Florida Combined Life Insurance Company, Inc. (FCL), an affiliate of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida. These companies are Independent Licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.